Recruitment and Application Specialist / Lead Safe Homes Program
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
RIHousing administers the LSHP by engaging in the identification and remediation of lead-based hazards, and other unsafe housing deficiencies, in low to moderate income properties through the utilization of state and federal funding. For applicants meeting LSHP eligibility criteria, RIHousing provides deferred, forgivable loans to allow for the completion of necessary repairs to homes containing lead-based hazards to reduce, and ultimately eliminate, the consequences of lead hazard poisoning, particularly in children under six years of age.
What you’ll do on daily basis:
- Act as a day-to-day LSHP community liaison in selected target area neighborhoods historically experiencing elevated levels of lead poisoning;
- Canvass select neighborhoods to foster interest and enrollment in the LSHP;
- Educate tenants and property owners relative to the hazards of lead and benefits of the LSHP;
- Assist clients with the completion and submission of applications and eligibility documentations to the LSHP to ensure efficient and timely enrollment;
- Actively monitor benchmarks related to program marketing and client intake;
- Engage in problem solving to ultimately effectuate enrollment in the LSHP;
- Closely coordinate with LSHP team members, community health organizations, and community agencies.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Professional and personal interactions with homeowners and tenants seeking enrollment in the LSHP
- Clear communications with clients
- Efficient submission of complete applications
What you’ll need to succeed:
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent; Associates preferred; and/or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of three years’ experience in government or real estate/housing industry
- Working knowledge of federal/state housing programs
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience with housing and community involvement
- Bilingual ability preferred (particularly Spanish)
- Use of personal vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/ Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2019
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation.
RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and a deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.
Apply at rihousing.com