RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This position is accountable for the accurate and timely processing of residential mortgage applications. The employee will deliver superior customer service and monitor the loan from origination to closing to ensure program compliance. The incumbent performs a variety of processing, documentation, research and customer service functions.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Review residential mortgage loan applications received from Participating Mortgage Brokers for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with investor and RIHousing program and underwriting guidelines.
- Open files; order appraisals; verify the validity of application information through third-party verifications; conduct regular follow-up with external parties; maintain appropriate logs to track applications; and ensure the integrity of data in the loan origination system.
- Verify that loan level documents are completed in a timely manner, including, but not limited to, required applications, TRID disclosure forms, Loan Estimates, Closing Disclosures, and required customer correspondence.
- Perform asset and credit analysis of mortgage application prior to submitting to the Underwriting Department.
- Maintain communication with Mortgage Brokers throughout the processing period, respond to inquiries and notify them when additional information is required. Prepare weekly status reports to keep the Mortgage Broker and Homeownership Management updated on file status; communicate the underwriting decision to the Mortgage Broker.
- Complete a final review to ensure that loan commitment conditions have been satisfied; assemble closing documents; coordinate the scheduling of the loan closing with the applicant, Closing attorney and other interested parties in a timely manner.
- Assist Quality Control Department with pre and post-closing analyses.
- Review residential mortgage loan applications for accuracy, completeness and compliance
- Be able to perform required processing and operational functions to ensure an efficient and timely loan cycle.
- Accurately respond to customer inquiries and requests from attorneys, real estate agents, etc. in a professional manner and maintain a positive and proactive working relationship with Mortgage Brokers.
- Four years of residential mortgage loan processing experience or equivalent mortgage industry experience
- Working knowledge of FHLMC, FNMA, FHA, VA and MI guidelines
- Strong communication, computer, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Associate degree in real estate, business administration or related field preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2019
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build, and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation. RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.
Apply online at www.rihousing.com