Multi-Media / Graphic Designer
Compensation: Based on Experience
Employment Type: Full-Time
MCGUINNESS MEDIA & MARKETING is hiring a Graphic Designer / Multi-Media Designer for their Warwick, RI office. We are actively searching for an experienced, strategic and proactive Designer to help build and maintain positive, lasting client relationships based on effectively achieving client’s marketing objectives. This position is responsible for designing and producing marketing communications for a wide variety of client projects as well as internal projects. Most importantly, you work with internal team members, clients and other designers to deliver the client results in a timely manner. This position reports directly to the Account Director and CMO team.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & DUTIES
- Design and produce print, outdoor and digital marketing communications for a wide variety of projects
- Successful project management from inception to completion within respective timelines
- Full utilization of creative new marketing mediums and relevant cutting-edge practices
- Design and layout of materials (including print ads, brochures, emails and web layout, invitations, post cards, logo designs, banners, posters and signage).
- Collaboration – effective project management with outside vendors / customers
- Attend assigned internal/external meetings and assist in other marketing activities as needed
- Possess a thorough understanding of client’s attributes, marketing objectives, target audience, competitive environment and market dynamics.
- Partner with the Account team to develop/maintain timelines, deadlines and guidelines for all campaigns
- Demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi-task to enhance productivity and manage workload.
- Efficiently and effectively interacting with appropriate agency executives and staff.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation – Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Candidate must be articulate, honest, have a sense of humor, easygoing, but disciplined and motivated. We need a culture fit!
- Ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of production, media, and other collateral for approval.
- Experience processing, managing and tracking jobs with print vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a graphic designer in interactive and graphic design and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expert in related software programs – Adobe Creative Suite; (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) as well as digital asset management and electronic file preparation for production
- Experience in PremierPro and After Effects preferred
- Experience in HTML & WordPress preferred
- Fluency in current graphic design and web production software
- Demonstrated conceptual skills to include managing creative from concept to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong work ethic with a “hands on” management style and experience in fostering productive relationships, internal and external
- Strong organization and prioritization skills, strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to multi-task, balance numerous and diverse operations, as well as possess the ability to work well with all levels of employees and management.