Director of Marketing and Communications
The College Crusade of RI
Title: Director of Marketing and Communications
Salary Range: $60,000- $72,000
Reports to: President and CEO
As a member of the College Crusade leadership team, the Director of Marketing and Communications works with the President and CEO, the Director of Development, and other key staff to execute a comprehensive strategy that articulates the impact that our organization is directly having on students and families. Concurrently, the director works to increase the public’s understanding on the importance of college access and success as a driver of social and economic well-being in Rhode Island.
- Develop and implement a long-term communications plan for the organization that can be customized for a variety of audiences, including program participants, alumni, funders, and policymakers.
- Manage the content creation process for the organization’s communications and outreach efforts.
- Coordinate the overall style and appearance of all organization print and electronic materials.
- Execute a comprehensive media engagement strategy (earned and social) that engages stakeholders and strengthens the organization’s brand.
- Provide communications support for special events, including the College Crusade’s upcoming 30th anniversary gala in September 2019.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the organization’s social media accounts, including the ongoing design and execution of a content calendar.
- Lead the redesign of the organization’s website.
- Oversee the work of outside consultants in the areas of graphic design and multimedia production.
Education/Experience: Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of five years of work experience in marketing, communications or related field.
Skills: Candidates must have demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities, as well as strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills. Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications. Strong oral and written communications skills.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter that details how your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by 12 noon on Thursday, March 21, 2019. The College Crusade of Rhode Island is committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates, and values employees from all backgrounds.