Mahr Inc., headquartered in Providence RI, are members of the Mahr Group. As a leading metrology specialist, with over 150 years of experience in producing an extensive range of dimensional metrology equipment, our expertise gives our customers confidence in their productivity and enhances product quality. From handheld gauges to technically advanced measurement systems for form, contour, surface finish and length, Mahr is at the forefront of the industry. Since technical innovation and quality-oriented thinking are the core competencies of successful businesses like Mahr, we’re looking for exceptional talent interested in supporting our mission of reliability, accuracy and efficiency, honesty and trust, meeting and exceeding our customer’s expectations. Our employees are an investment in our future so we provide extensive training and support, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Due to our ongoing growth and expansion, as well as our desire to be closer to our customers, Mahr Inc. has a number of exciting career opportunities available. To strengthen our team, we’re looking for a TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST at our PROVIDENCE, RI location.
- Provide product support for a wide range of Mahr Products.
- Work with customers, distributors, and sales staff to provide technical assistance.
- Trouble-shoot problems.
- Prepare quotations for standard and non-standard products and special applications.
- Train Mahr Inc. sales employees, distributors and customers as needed.
- Position will primarily be located in the office answering phone and email requests for support.
- Travel may be 20% or less to support tradeshows or customer demos.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, are required as this position will focus on assisting customers and sales team members with questions related to the use and application of Mahr products.
- Have strong mechanical, electronic and basic software skills to support customer needs
- Familiarity with electronic communications protocols such as ASCII, Analog, I/O and others.
- Basic understanding of analog and digital circuits.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic software and computer problems for customers, including but not limited to; drivers, COM ports, and visual basic.
- Previous experience with precision gaging solutions is preferred though not required.
- BS in engineering is preferred.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in mechanical / metrology field and or a minimum of 2 years of technical sales and support experience.
- Job requires a positive, customer service orientation and being comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook and good keyboarding skills required.
- Must have the aptitude to learn a complex technical product line and be detail oriented
We want you to succeed. If you feel at home in a high-tech environment and you are ready to take the challenge at Mahr Inc., then consider joining our team.
Mahr Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.