FLSA: Non-Exempt REPORTS TO: Business Applications Manager DEPT/DIV: Information Technology GRADE: B2-4
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and a deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.
The Web Application Developer works to develop internal business applications that modernize and automate business processes throughout the RIHousing organization. Reporting to the Business Applications Manager, this role is hands on, developing both user interfaces and back-end SQL processes. The role is also business-oriented, working with IT analysts and department stakeholders to understand business problems and design innovative solutions. Project work is a mix of internal custom development and integration of 3rd party systems.
- Work with IT analysts and department stakeholders throughout the organization to design and develop innovative solutions that meet business needs.
- Develop modern web applications that automate manual business processes with an emphasis on reducing paper processes and replacing disparate and antiquated systems with modern, integrated solutions.
- Use of Git and JIRA to create, maintain, & update projects and bugs within an Agile environment.
- Work with other developers and IT analysts to help build and maintain the organization’s centralized data warehouse.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, business, or related discipline, or combination of Associates degree with significant work experience.
- Solid experience building SQL stored procedures, views, building normalized database schemas, and performing query optimization.
- 3+ years’ experience with .NET Core, MVC, and/or ASP.NET web forms (.NET Core preferred).
- Experience utilizing 3rd party control suites (Telerik Kendo UI preferred).
- Solid report writing skills using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience integrating to with modern CMS platforms (Sitefinity preferred).