Business Intelligence Developer
The University of Rhode Island Foundation & Alumni Engagement is looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to join our Advancement Services team. This person will partner with management and subject matter experts (SME) to understand their data requirements, and effectively use data for making business decisions. The position is responsible for the design and development of user-friendly reports and analytics solutions through the identification of key performance indicators (KPIs), development of supporting data models, and the creation of queries and data transformations to pull data into business intelligence tools to support URIFAE strategic decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Advancement projects ensuring the consistent delivery of high-quality products and services to our end users, including data collection, data modification, and data analysis.
- Support URIFAE program areas by delivering user-friendly reports and dashboards, sophisticated data analysis and advanced data models that concisely convey insights about donor segmentation and trends via reports and dashboards.
- Work with users and SMEs to understand requirements, translate and breakdown requests into user stories
- Translate business definitions into technical requirements
- Create documentation of data definitions and lineage used to produce reports
- Participate in data warehouse design
- Architect data solutions with SQL
- Design, develop, and implement use-case specific data warehousing, reporting, and analytics solutions to deliver and solve business challenges using Power BI
- Keep up to date with continuously evolving trends in fundraising and non-profit analytics.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Business preferred
- 3+ years work experience with a business intelligence team
- Experience with SQL databases (especially Oracle and Snowflake)
- Dimensional data modeling for BI reporting experience required
- Experience with an ETL/ELT tool (Talend Data Integration is a plus)
- Experience with a data visualization program required (Power BI is a plus)
- Experience in an advancement / fundraising environment preferred
- Higher education work experience preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Strong data analysis skills, and ability to conduct analysis on large data sets
- Strong technical skills in SQL
- Strong understanding of data extraction using SQL and REST APIs
- Programming skills in Java and PL/SQL
- Knowledgeable in SDLC, waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Comfortable using technology such as Microsoft Teams, Word, SharePoint, or other similar technology.
- Strong team player with excellent collaboration skills
- Think analytically and solve complex business problems
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including active listening skills, and interpersonal soft skills, and ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff.
- This position may work 100% REMOTE if a reasonable commute is not possible. Qualified applicants must reside within the United States.
- No sponsorship available. No third-party candidates.
Join the URIFAE team!Join our growing team of advancement and engagement professionals. We offer competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision, generous paid time off, and unparalleled retirement savings programs. One benefit that URIFAE does not participate in is the University of Rhode Island tuition waiver program.
To provide equal employment and advance opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at URIFAE will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. URIFAE does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to:
Leo Perrone, Director, Human Resources
79 Upper College Road
Kingston, RI 02881