Director of Human Resources
Director of Human Resources
The University of Rhode Island Foundation & Alumni Engagement
The University of Rhode Island Foundation & Alumni Engagement (URIFAE) seeks a Director of Human Resources who will be responsible for the creation and implementation of a newly established proactive, best practice human resources/talent management enterprise for seventy-eight (78) full time employees. This position will report to the President of the URIFAE.
- Plan and manage all activities of the department and lead the development of departmental goals and objectives.
- Oversee and implement annual update to compensation programs, job descriptions (as necessary), annual salary surveys and merit pool compensation.
- Develop and recommend personnel policies and procedures and maintain a handbook on policies.
- Perform all aspects of benefits administration.
- Develop and maintain affirmative action programs including all necessary EEO filings and compliances with EEO regulations, as well as those for all federal, state and local laws.
- Conduct recruitment for all URIFAE staff with special emphasis on creating a diverse pool of candidates for all positions.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Establish and implement a talent management program.
- Oversee onboarding of all employees both permanent and temporary and team with the Finance unit regarding payroll.
Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing. This position requires a pro-active problem solver, someone who acts independently and coordinates with team members. Must have strong time-management skills and ability to prioritize work under multiple deadlines and frequent changes. Proficient in Microsoft Office products and data base management and spreadsheet software. Strong interpersonal skills including building and maintaining relationships with a diverse network of individuals and organizations. Ability to travel, work occasional weekends and evenings.
A bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of five years’ experience in human resources, business or related field, master’s degree and SHRM certification preferred. Candidate should have supervisory and leadership experience. Candidates should also possess the highest level of personal and professional integrity and adhere to quality standards in handling highly personal and confidential information.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The URIFAE provides equal employment and advance opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions at URIFAE will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. URIFAE does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Forward letter of interest and resume to:
URI Foundation & Alumni Engagement
Attn: Gerri Beagle, HR Manager
79 Upper College Road
Kingston, RI 02881
The search will remain open until position is filled, however, for first consideration, applications must be received by October 28, 2019. Review of resumes will begin on November 1, 2019 but resumes will be accepted until position is filled.