Technical Project Manager
Reports To: Manager, Project Management Office
This position is responsible for ensuring the timely and effective implementation of technical projects and activities. The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation of tasks and project deliverables to support the Project Management Office (PMO) at the Rhode Island Quality Institute (RIQI). The Technical Project Manager ensures work is completed on time, on budget, and at the highest level of quality. They will use best-in-class process improvement and efficiency to achieve stakeholder satisfaction.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leading technical projects on time, within scope, and on-budget in conjunction with RIQI internal teams and stakeholder staff.
- Managing and delivering technical projects for stakeholders.
- Formulating and executing project plans.
- Supporting budgeting and contracting associated with projects.
Essential Duties and Requirements:
- Manages phases of projects from project engagement through closure, including transition to support and maintenance teams, as needed.
- Works with assigned RIQI and stakeholder resources to discover, develop, and document project requirements.
- Effectively and professionally communicates project expectations, updates, and potential risks to team members, leadership, and stakeholders while providing appropriate resolution and recommendations.
- Collects, maintains, analyzes, and executes project data and deliverables, including revisions as necessary to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Aligns with RIQI team to project work to ensure resources are available.
- Presents at designated and appropriate times throughout the project lifecycle and communicates to management when delays, issues, or risks are discovered.
- Works with the RIQI Solution Architect or Technical Lead, along with Implementation Partners, as needed, to ensure all tasks are included in the project plan.
- Facilitates effective and efficient stakeholder or internal team meetings to regularly review status and further project process.
- Identifies, documents, and manages closure on project action items, tasks, questions, issues, and risks.
- Tracks and communicates progress of projects to stakeholders.
- Aligns expectations on assigned projects to ensure they meet stakeholder expectations.
- Escalates issues requiring leadership involvement and decision-making, following through to get closure.
- Proactively communicates and negotiates with team on priorities, goals, and targets in pursuit of program plan fulfillment.
- Ensures projects get to successful completion by finding solutions to project issues, serving as the primary point of contact for identifying project-related resource and schedule concerns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and special projects.
- Performs quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment and that often requires multi-tasking.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
- Supports and adheres to RIQI’s core values and corporate culture.
- Represents RIQI in a positive manner to all stakeholders.
- Performs as a team player.
- Self-starter, energetic, with a “can-do” attitude.
- “Metrics” mindset.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Business, Health, or a related field.
- Two years’ experience in technical project work, specifically in the Health Information Technology field, preferably at a setting that regularly interfaces with an electronic health record, clinical laboratory, or health information exchange.
- Experience in interface development projects work preferred.
- A high level of proficiency with the Microsoft Office productivity suite (e.g., Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with project management software (e.g., Oracle NetSuite)
- Demonstrated track record of managing technical and analytic projects to completion – on-time, on-budget, and with high level of customer satisfaction.
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams at all levels of an organization to obtain knowledge that facilitates problem resolution.
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve issues in a positive manner.
- Strong data analysis, writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Comfortable working independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and detail oriented.
- Healthcare experience or knowledge of healthcare business preferred (e.g., working with hospitals, physician practices health centers, or managed plans).
- Conforms to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Flexibility and ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Licenses or Specialized Knowledge:PMP Certification preferred but not required.
Work Environment:This position will work in normal business office conditions which may include travel to provider facilities or may work in remote locations.
Physical Demands:The tasks of this position are typical for working in an office environment. An associate is regularly required to perform tasks while sitting at a desk, using normal hand dexterity. Mobility is required, including standing, moving about, and sitting. Occasional travel out of the office for meetings, etc. may be required. Must be able to maintain a good attendance record.
The statements contained herein reflect information necessary to describe the principle functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or to otherwise balance the workload.
Rhode Island Quality Institute is an EEO/AA Employer.