Project ManagerProject ManagerDescription
The Project Manager will report directly to the Manager, Project Management Office, and will be responsible for ensuring the timely and effective implementation of projects and activities and will also be responsible for the implementation of those tasks and project deliverables to support the Project Management Office (PMO). The Project Manager ensures work is completed on time, on budget, and at the highest level of quality. The PM will use best-in-class process improvement and efficiency to achieve the highest stakeholder satisfaction.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Leading projects on time, within scope, and on-budget in conjunction with RIQI internal teams and client staff.
• Managing and delivering effective projects for stakeholders.
• Formulating and executing project plans.
• Supporting budgeting and contracting associated with projects.
• Manages phases of projects from project initiation through closure.
• Works with assigned RIQI and stakeholder resources to discover, develop, and document project requirements.
• Effectively communicates project expectations, updates, and potential risks to team members, leadership, and stakeholders while providing appropriate resolution and recommendations.
• Collects, maintains, analyzes, and executes project data and deliverables and revises as necessary to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Aligns with internal team to project work to ensure resources are available, presents at appropriate times throughout the project lifecycle, and communicates to management when delayed.
• Facilitates effective and efficient stakeholder or internal team meetings to regularly review status and further project process. Identifies, documents, and manages closure on project action items, questions, issues, and risks.
• Tracks and communicates progress of projects to key stakeholders, both internally and externally. Aligns expectations on all assigned projects to ensure they meet stakeholder expectations.
• Escalates issues requiring leadership involvement and decision-making and follows through to get closure.
• Proactively communicates and negotiates with team on priorities, goals, and targets in pursuit of program plan fulfillment.
• Ensures projects to successful completion by finding solutions to project issues, serving as primary point of contact to identify project-related resource and schedule concerns.
• Performs other related duties as assigned and special projects.Requirements
Performs quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment and handle multiple tasks.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
• Supports and adheres to RIQI’s core values and corporate culture.
• Supports, adheres to, and promotes RIQI’s core values and corporate culture.
• Represents RIQI in a positive manner to all stakeholders.
• Performs as a team player.
• Self-starter; energetic; with a “can-do” attitude.
• “Metrics” mindset.
• Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Business, Healthcare, or a related field.
• Minimum three years’ experience in project work.
• A high level of proficiency with software including but not limited to: Microsoft Office productivity software such as, Microsoft Visio, Project, PowerPoint, and Excel. NetSuite experience a plus.
• Experience within Healthcare IT preferred.
• Demonstrated track record managing technical and analytic projects to completion - on-time, on-budget, and with high level of customer satisfaction.
• Comfortable working with cross-functional teams at all levels of an organization to obtain knowledge that facilitates problem resolution.
• Ability to proactively identify and resolve issues in a positive manner.
• Strong data analysis, writing, and oral presentation skills.
• Comfortable working independently as well as in a team environment.
• Self-motivated, well-organized, and detail oriented.
• Health care experience or knowledge of health care business preferred (i.e. working with hospitals, physician practices health centers, managed plans, etc.).
• Conforms to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Flexibility and ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Licenses or Specialized Knowledge
PMP Certification preferred but not required.
Rhode Island Quality Institute is an EEO/AA Employer.