Health Data Analyst
Job Summary:The Health Data Analyst is responsible for operational aspects associated with data quality, use, and reporting within the context of health and health care. This position develops and executes plans, policies, and practices that control, protect, deliver, and enhance the value and integrity of the company’s data and information assets for addressing needs to support high quality healthcare delivery. This position also conducts health data quality assurance, evaluation, and reporting. This role includes monitoring and maintaining the quality of the company’s databases, which encompass data from a multitude of healthcare and public health data sources, generating operational reports, analyzing data, and troubleshooting discrepancies.
Essential Duties & Requirements:
- Assists with creating controls to preserve the integrity of the information being reported for supporting clinical and public health needs.
- Generates reports on operational and project-based metrics.
- Monitors the quality, based on healthcare data standards, of the company’s data and information, reports on results, and recommends corrective action plans and alternative methods for administration.
- Works with multi-disciplinary team to investigate patterns or trends within data.
- Investigates data quality problems, conducts root-cause analysis, corrects errors, develops process improvement processes, and evaluates impact of improvements for addressing clinical and public health challenges.
- In partnership with program managers, works with health and healthcare business partners on data anomalies and requests for information.
- Works with vendors for evaluation of data reporting enhancements to meet company and healthcare community needs.
- Thoroughly documents processes related to data analysis, quality, and reporting.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Performs quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
- Supports and adheres to RIQI’s core values and corporate culture.
- Represents RIQI in a positive manner to all stakeholders.
- Performs as a team player.
- Self-starter; energetic; “can-do” attitude.
- “Metrics” mindset.
Education and Experience
- A BA/BS degree in a quantitative field of study, such as Applied Mathematics, Economics, or Computer Science.
- Two years’ experience in business or health data management and reporting, data analytics, or data stewardship.
- Experience in data science skills (i.e., general purpose, statistical, and database programming).
- Experience with systems analysis to ensure optimal use of data assets to meet company needs.
- Basic system administration skills, including MS Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience with working with and securely managing sensitive data.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills including conditional statements, complex/nested formulas, charts and graphs, pivot tables, lookups, filtering, auditing tools, arrays, etc. Knowledge of VBA is a plus.
- Experience with working with healthcare data (e.g., electronic health record, healthcare claims, public health data) is a plus.
- High comfort level in manipulating and querying large data sets. Relational database management experience (e.g., MS SQL Server), as well as general purpose (e.g., Python or Julia) and statistical programming (e.g., R), strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of computer systems/applications. Experience with analysis and documenting user requirements.
- Experience in documenting system operation (user guides), developing test scripts and scenarios, and executing user testing.
- Proven record of understanding the tracking of information as it relates to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Experience with working on data analyses associated with research projects, including participating in manuscript development and supporting federal grant-led initiatives, is a plus.
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills. Comfortable working with complex data and resolving ambiguous issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interpret technical language and translate for non-technical audiences.
- Healthcare background desirable.