Business Requirements AnalystBusiness Requirements AnalystDescription
The Business Requirements Analyst will report to the Manager, IT Services, and will be responsible for determining the requirements of projects or programs, assisting to define the ideal path to bridge a given business problem utilizing a technology solution, and communicating clearly to stakeholders, facilitators, and peers.
• Evaluates business processes, anticipates requirements, defines areas for improvement, and develops and implements solutions.
• Performs software requirement gathering and analysis through user groups, interviews, research, etc.
• Prepares requirements, specifications, process flow documents, and makes recommendations for improvement.
• Elicits, organizes, analyzes, documents, and communicates business requirements.
• Provides subject matter expertise on software functionality and business processes.
• Analyzes business requirements and translates them into more detailed user stories, use cases, and other functional requirement documents.
• Gains requirements sign-off from key stakeholders by ensuring the same level of understanding against the requirements and obtaining written approval on the requirements to be developed.
• Collaborates with IT Business Services to support testing efforts.
• Creates and maintains business process workflows and flowcharts.
• Performs validation of solutions by analyzing the end product and applying the requirement specifications.
• Assists in developing project plans, leading meetings, and other related tasks to gather and coordinate activities for requirements gathering.
• Levers understanding of technology management best practices and operations best practices to formulate optimal solutions to problems.
• Communicates effectively and interacts closely with Information Technology, the Project Management Office, and other cross-functional team members and management.
• Performs other related duties as assigned and special projects.Requirements
• Performs quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment and handle multiple tasks.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
• Supports, adheres to, and promotes RIQI’s core values and corporate culture.
• Represents RIQI in a positive manner to all stakeholders.
• Performs as a team player.
• Self-starter, energetic, with a “can-do” attitude.
• “Metrics” mindset.
• Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Business, Healthcare, or a related field.
• Minimum three years’ experience in a business analysis role.
• Experience in project management preferred.
• A high level of proficiency with the Microsoft Office productivity suite (e.g., Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Experience with project management software (e.g., Oracle NetSuite)
• Demonstrated track record managing and supporting successful technical projects with a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Strong organizational skills such as time, project, and resource management.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
• The ability to influence stakeholders and possess strong conflict management skills.
• Healthcare experience or knowledge of healthcare business preferred.
Rhode Island Quality Institute is an EEO/AA Employer.