RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This grant funded position is accountable for the accurate and timely performance of a variety of accounting and financial reporting functions to ensure that all financial data is recorded and reported in accordance with applicable policies/procedures. Works with the Accounting Manager to design efficient accounting systems. The position is responsible for assisting in the preparation of financial statements, interpreting accounting data, and performing research and review. This position will continue while the program is funded.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
The responsibilities of the position include a variety of accounting, analysis, reconciliation, research and reporting functions. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Assist in the preparation of consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from general ledger system and from various departments.
Reconcile General Ledger Accounts, including numerous bank statements, each month adhering to deadlines to facilitate a timely month end close process. Work with Junior Accountants on proper posting of transactions.
Perform research and review to resolve reconciliation issues and answer accounting related inquiries.
Prepare and record journal entries.
Prepare backup documentation for regulatory and grant reporting.
Verify accuracy of wire transfers for all cash accounts. Verify and approve AP disbursements.
What you’ll bring to the team:
Accurate and timely financial statements are critical to the agency's accessibility to financial markets, and this position assists in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
Prepare work papers needed to complete the quarterly reviews and annual financial and grant compliance audits.
Interaction with both internal and external customers are always conducted in a professional manner.
Work on special projects and identify areas for departmental improvements and efficiencies.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 3-5 years of accounting experience, preferably in a mortgage banking or financial institution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computerized financial and accounting systems.
- Expanded knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field is required
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- This position is subject to a background and credit investigation.
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2019
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build, and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation. RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.