REPORTS TO: Manager of Treasury and Capital Planning
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission we:
- Offer competitive and innovative single family and multifamily lending programs.
- Provide housing related education to consumers and others.
- Finance development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Invest housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans and grants to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation.
RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and a deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.
This position is accountable for providing staff support to the Director of Finance and senior staff in the development, implementation and management of effective financial policies and corporate planning functions to ensure the financial integrity and soundness of the agency including responsible and profitable programs.
This position will work closely with the Director of Finance and Treasurer on a variety of functions related to loan funding strategies, revenue generation, bond sales and management, asset/liability management and corporate planning.
Provide financial and scenario analysis for existing and new programs to assist in decision making and furtherance of corporate strategic initiatives. Analysis will include liquidity for cash and investment management along with long and short term debt issuance and borrowings.
Provide analysis and staff support for structuring and issuance of all RIHousing debt. Work closely with Treasurer during tax-exempt bond issuance process to provide all necessary information and analysis to investment bankers/underwriters, advisors, external counsel, bond trustee and rating agencies. Provide on-going regulatory compliance tracking and reporting for existing bond portfolio.
Responsible for maintaining and tracking of all bond activity in a bond management system. This includes recording and set up of newly issued bonds, retired and redeemed bonds as well as interest rate re-sets.
Assist in the preparation of the annual budget providing support in maintaining and improving budget and forecasting systems and models. Provide budget reporting and updates to Division and Department Directors quarterly and on an as needed basis. Includes implementation of budget software and integration with other internal systems.
- Assist with long term corporate financial planning and analysis, including modeling and maintaining financial and budgetary forecasts under various scenarios.
- Produce financial management reports in conjunction with accounting staff on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis for consistent and timely review by senior and executive management.
- Perform a variety of statistical, research and administrative functions to support the management of the liquidity position, investment of excess funds, and cash flow/borrowing forecasts to ensure sound investment decisions, balancing liquidity and rate of return in accordance with appropriate policies/procedures.
- Assist with issuance of tax-exempt bonds and the on-going compliance thereof.
- Assist in developing sound asset/liability matching strategies to control and hedge interest rate risk, and to identify and respond to issues which could jeopardize the asset/liability plan.
- Maintain tracking systems for bond management and budgetary reporting.
- Perform special projects or serve on task forces as directed.
- Minimum of five-seven years’ experience in financial analysis and reporting using comprehensive modeling
- Strong software and modeling skills including advanced excel and databases
- Understanding of municipal markets and tax-exempt bond issuance
- Excellent communications, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, accounting, applied mathematics or related field required (master’s preferred)
Apply online at www.rihousing.com under careers.