Senior Program Representative
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This grant funded position is accountable for the cost-effective administration of all aspects of the COVID Relief Rental Assistance Program in accordance with appropriate federal and state regulations through appropriate staff guidance and training. Incumbent resolves complex issues; administers specialized programs; and monitors daily program operations. This position will continue while the program is funded.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
This position reports to the Manager, Rental Assistance, and the incumbent provides guidance and training to the Program Representatives as assigned. In this regard, the incumbent is well versed in all aspects of the Rental Assistance Program, keeps current on changes in federal/state regulations, and communicates said changes to staff.
Incumbent is responsible for providing guidance and training to the Program Representatives in resolving landlord, tenant, application, provider and technology issues and resolves the more complex matters through proper interpretation of program regulations, internal policies and/or legal documentation as necessary. Incumbent is responsible for ensuring all the assigned goals are completed.
The incumbent assists the Manager, Rental Assistance in establishing and maintaining performance standards, develops and implements training programs, creates performance plans and provides feedback for employee evaluations.
This position administers all standard and non-standard aspects of the Rental Assistance Program including, but not limited to, application, eligibility, payment and quality control. In this regard, incumbent performs a variety of administrative, data entry, documentation and research functions to ensure compliance.
Incumbent is responsible for both implementing and providing guidance to their team on key daily program functions., including quality control, tracking key performance measures. Incumbent also assists the Program Manager in drafting, editing and revising procedures manuals and program documentation, and compiles various statistical reports or performs special projects as assigned.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Perform all required functions to ensure proper administration of rental assistance program in accordance with appropriate regulations and policies.
- Provide guidance and training to ensure cost-effective program administration in accordance with appropriate regulations and policies.
- Compile special reports and perform special projects as assigned.
- Process paperwork and establish program eligibility for families.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Three years related housing or property management experience
- Working knowledge of rental assistance programs
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, along with strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, negotiations, and computer skills
- Associates degree in business administration or related field (Bachelors preferred)
- Bilingual ability preferred (particularly Spanish or Portuguese)
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2019
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build, and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation. RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.