RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This grant-funded position is accountable for the cost-effective administration of all aspects of the COVID Relief Rental Assistance Program in accordance with appropriate federal (HUD) and state regulations. This position will continue while the program is funded.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
The incumbent performs a variety of administrative, accounting, data entry, documentation and research functions on a daily basis.
Incumbent reviews submitted applications for completeness and to determine eligibility for COVID-related rental assistance program. Calculates and makes recommendations for assistance payments; prepares appropriate documentation/correspondence and enters data into system.
Incumbent also assists in resolving landlord/tenant/provider concerns through proper interpretation of program regulations, internal policies and/or legal documentation as necessary.
The incumbent may compile special reports or perform special projects as directed.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Review all required documentation and collect all required income and eligibility verifications to ensure cost-effective program administration in accordance with appropriate federal and state regulations
- Recommend approval of allowable financial assistance
- Mediate landlord/tenant/provider problems in a timely, professional manner and provide appropriate technical assistance as required
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Two years related housing management experience
- Good verbal and written communications skills, along with good organizational, negotiations, and computer skills
- Bilingual ability preferred (particularly Spanish)
- Associates degree in real estate, business administration or related field and/or property management certification or equivalent work experience
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2019
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build, and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation. RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.