Program Manager/Ancillary Finance
RIHousing – Program Manager/Ancillary Finance
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This grant-funded position is a professional and administrative position in RIHousing’s Development Division, involving the implementation and administration of the state Building Homes Rhode Island (BHRI) Program, Federal Housing Trust Funds (HTF) and other assigned housing development programs which provide affordable housing opportunities to low and moderate income households in the state of Rhode Island. This position will continue while the program is funded
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Work with the Director in managing the daily operations of the assigned program to ensure that project underwriting, funding recommendations and developments are in accordance with applicable policies and program guidelines.
- Provide supervision and training to the Program Specialist to ensure the cost-effective administration of all assigned programs.
- Maintain a pipeline tracking system for all projects funded and under development.
- Maintain a portfolio tracking system for all projects under affordability periods.
- Track eligible expenditures and monitor draws and disbursements.
- Prepare and monitor budgets; approve expenditures and compile appropriate financial reports for various programs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor program and fiscal management of developers to assure compliance with all regulatory and contractual obligations.
- Represent RIHousing on committees, task forces, and meetings with state and community agencies on program issues.
- Responsible for the administration of the Predevelopment Loan Programs.
- Maintain Program files as required.
What you’ll bring to the team:
As the State of Rhode Island's housing finance agency, RIHousing administers a variety of federal, state and agency funded housing programs to assist residents of Rhode Island. These programs include, but are not limited to, the state Building Homes Rhode Island (BHRI) Program, Housing Trust Fund (HTF) and Predevelopment Loan Program. Incumbent’s primary responsibilities include developing a practical knowledge of a wide range HUD, State, and local housing and development programs, assessing application for funding and stewarding projects funded by these sources through the development cycle.
In this capacity, he/she will manage a substantial portfolio of loans and be responsible for the monitoring and oversight of all program activity. Incumbent will serve as the liaison to all regulatory agencies for grant accountability. Incumbent will be required to be flexible in managing multiple programs as needed. The incumbent will be required to serve on various internal and external committees. The position requires strong communication, analytical, and organizational skill, and a general understanding of single and multifamily real estate finance and real estate development. The position requires experience in compliance, financial management, monitoring, contract administration and preparation of plans and reports for various programs.
Incumbent will assume responsibility for the processing of program applications for funding, closing of program financing, monitor program and fiscal management, and coordination and execution in accordance with specific published guidelines and guidance. This position serves as the primary point of contact for all program related activity including interaction with project sponsors and other development team members, representatives of Federal, state and local government agencies, and other external organizations. Additionally, the position is responsible for being current on all regulations applicable to the BHRI Program, HTF and Predevelopment Loan Program; and assuming responsibility for all program reporting; implementing and updating program policies and procedures; coordination of the application solicitation and underwriting process and ongoing compliance of all program funded activities. Incumbent performs a variety of research, analysis, program design, budget, compliance, underwriting and reporting functions on a daily basis.
The position serves as the principal technical resource staff person for the BHRI and Program, HTF, and Predevelopment Loan Program; providing advice and guidance on matters pertaining to statutory and regulatory requirements and other administrative directives. Incumbent may be assigned additional programs as needed.
Incumbent will work closely with other Division team members to assist and advise in structuring transactions so as to meet HUD, State and other program requirements. This position provides external support to agencies and partners in developing project plans. In addition, the team works to increase program capacity with partners through routine training.
Supervise staff to ensure that program administration, monitoring and reporting responsibilities are carried out accurately and in a timely fashion consistent with all regulatory and contractual requirements.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Relevant experience in government or real estate/housing related industry
- Working knowledge of federal/state housing programs
- Proven ability to work with non-profit groups and state agencies
- Strong problem-solving orientation, and flexibility to respond to a changing business environment
- Ability to learn new programs, and practically apply knowledge in service to program and organizational goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (bilingual ability preferred)
- Strong negotiation, computer and organizational skills
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2019
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build, and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation. RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.