RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This grant-funded position is accountable for performing a variety of technical tasks, systems analysis and support activities to the Leased Housing and Rental Services Division to ensure that rental assistance and grant management systems fit end user needs. This position will continue while the program is funded.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- The major function of this position is to provide operational and technical support to the Rental Assistance Programs in the Leased Housing and Rental Services Division, as well as enhancement and implementation of a variety of software applications and to assist in training and supporting end users.
- This position will manage the collection of rental assistance and grant administration level data, and report data to critical external sources, including but not limited to HUD, external auditors, and quantitative consultants. In addition, this position will support implementation and on-going operations of the rental assistance software for the management of the rental assistance programs.
- This position is not routine in nature, and the incumbent must be flexible, able to set priorities and work independently to complete assigned projects including serving a leadership role in the troubleshooting of any software technical issues.
- Provide operational support for the rental assistance system and be responsible for all Rental Assistance Program applications and software testing; implements client specific upgrades, perform user acceptance testing (UAT) and trouble-shoot system input/output problems in order to improve overall performance and support Division objectives; and assist with users regarding system’s application/design/features and reports. Support will also include assisting with the billing and financial functions of the program areas.
- Assists in the development of system specifications for programming and maintain and process application of electronic files for the rental assistance portfolio and grant payments, and system maintenance.
- Coordinate the processing of user requests and resolve user application problems in a timely, professional manner and conducts user training as required.
- Provide technical, operational, and administrative support services to a variety of system operation activities including, but not limited to system analysis, data management, scripting, security, software installation, warehousing data to satisfy reporting requirements for Federal Agencies, and related operations which involve the operation of the rental assistance portfolio and grant management systems.
- Participate in the enforcement of policies and procedures with respect to applications, software and data within the rental assistance program and grant management systems.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Perform assigned rental assistance grant management system analysis, technical tasks, administrative, management reporting and support functions in a timely manner consistent with Division objectives.
- Coordinate the processing of user requests, resolve user problems and conduct user training to ensure that rental assistance and grant management systems are properly utilized.
- Participate in the enforcement of policies and procedures with respect to the rental assistance and grant management systems as assigned.
- Provide operational support for all rental assistance and grant management systems and is responsible for program application upgrades and software testing.
- Manage the collection of rental assistance and grant management level data for reporting to external sources, including but not limited to Federal partners, external auditors, and quantitative consultants.
- Provide backup support for technical functions as required. Back up support includes, but is not limited to, assisting with the billing and financial functions of the program areas.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in technical/operations, systems analysis/maintenance and end user training, performing hardware and software installation, implementing application systems to user specifications preferably in a financial services or housing agency environment
- Thorough knowledge of the capabilities, programming techniques and intricacies of loan production, financial assistance programs and peripheral equipment including personal computers
- Strong business background in mortgage lending/servicing
- Good interpersonal and training skills
- Associates degree in Computer Science or related field (Bachelor’s preferred).
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2019
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build, and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation. RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.