Manager, Rental Assistance Program
RIHousing – Manager, Rental Assistance Program
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This grant funded position is accountable for the cost-effective administration of a COVID Relief Rental Assistance Program including staff supervision and training, in accordance with appropriate federal and state regulations and internal policies/procedures. This position will continue while the program is funded.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Manage the operations and administration of the Rental Assistance Program including staff, and staff work flow.
- Ensure that staff are trained and implementing all program guidelines.
- Determine the eligibility of rental assistance applicants.
- Complete the application process for eligible households from eligibility to payment.
- Review staff work for accuracy and document such reviews.
- Develop a corrective action plan to ensure that any program management deficiencies, including errors and omissions, are corrected through appropriate instructions and follow-up with the staff to bring the program up to an acceptable level of performance.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Establish and maintain performance standards develops and implement training programs, creates performance plans, writes employee evaluations and enforces disciplinary actions. Incumbent resolves complex landlord/tenant issues related to the rental assistance application process.
- Perform specialized, technical administrative and reporting functions to identify management capabilities and deficiencies to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Three-five years’ experience in public housing or cash assistance program administration
- Supervisory experience; strong verbal and written communications skills
- Bilingual ability preferred (particularly Spanish or Portuguese)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills and good computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field or equivalent work experience required
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2019
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build, and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation. RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.