Supervisor Administrative Services
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
RIHousing is seeking a hands-on, energetic and high performing supervisor to join the Facilities service team member. This position provides an opportunity to work on the front lines and across the organization to improve administrative services, support staff and facilitate operations. This position is accountable for oversight and day-to-day management of the corporation’s administrative services and manages office services staffing to ensure excellent customer service and maximum performance. This position requires early work hours, with flexibility in scheduling to be arranged with Supervisor.
What you’ll do on daily basis:
- Lead and direct front desk operations and mail service teams
- Oversee internal and external mailing services and related vendors, package delivery & receiving services
- Provide administrative support of corporation contracts and purchasing functions
- Manages the timely work flow of team and implements appropriate training programs
- Works with all levels of management to coordinate internal and external room reservations for meetings and conferences and to identify room layouts
- Assists in supplying food and beverages that may be required for internal or external meetings
- Oversees contract services including, but not limited to, cafeteria and kitchenette coffee vending machines, postage and other mail room/shipping machines
- Provides continuous, high quality, uninterrupted office services operations for the corporation
- Maintains inventories of office supplies and equipment
- Reviews, prepares and processes purchase orders for the Facilities and Operations Divisions ensuring consistency with Corporation Purchasing polices and cost-effectiveness
- Provides support to the Building Supervisor, working with maintenance staff to ensure all work orders are completed in a timely manner
- Assists in evaluating processes and procedures for continuous improvements with attention to streamlining and efficiencies
- Serves on committees and task forces as assigned
- Oversees corporation record retention needs and serves as the point person for off-site records storage including tracking destruction in accordance with the corporations’ records retention policy and ordering the removal and retrieval of off-site records
- Apply a strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skill
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications
- Expertise in Microsoft Office software, including Word and Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to effectively coach and educate team members and employees at large on policies and procedures
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Ability to creatively problem solve and offer solutions to create efficiencies, streamline services, and prevent problems related to business operations and administrative functions
- Read and interpret information, policies, procedures, and documents
- Respond professionally and proactively to inquiries or complaints from employees or lobby guests
- Basic knowledge of State purchasing rules and regulations preferred
- Associates degree or business certificate or equivalent experience required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- LEAN or six sigma certification or knowledge a plus
- A great attitude and positive approach
- Five years of experience in supervising office services and purchasing functions, including staff supervision and training, postal regulations and knowledge of state purchasing regulations preferred.
- Associates degree or business certificate or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Good verbal, written communications.
- Basic knowledge of computer programs such as Word, Excel, Publisher.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. to assist with various Agency events requiring light furniture relocation and product deliveries, such as food, beverages, etc. for events
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/ Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2
- 016, 2018, 2019
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2019
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and a deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.
Apply at www.rihousing.com