REPORTS TO: Assistant Director
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission we:
- Offer competitive and innovative single family and multi family lending programs.
- Provide housing related education to consumers and others.
- Finance development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Invest housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and a deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.
This position is a professional and administrative position in RIHousing’s Development Division, involving the implementation and administration of the state HOME Program and other assigned housing development programs which provide affordable housing opportunities to low and moderate income households in the state of Rhode Island.
As the State of Rhode Island's only housing agency, RIHousing administers a variety of federal, state and internal housing programs to ensure that applicable governmental regulations and program requirements are met. These include, but are not limited to, the HOME Program, Housing Trust Fund, and various other state and federal housing programs. Incumbent’s primary responsibilities include compliance, financial management, monitoring, contract administration and preparation of plans and reports for the federal HOME Program.
Incumbent is responsible for being current on all regulations applicable to the HOME Program; developing the HOME Annual Action Plan and responsibility for all program reporting; implementing and updating HOME policies and procedures; coordination of the application solicitation and underwriting process and ongoing compliance of all HOME funded activities. Incumbent performs a variety of research, analysis, program design, budget, compliance, underwriting and reporting functions on a daily basis.
The position supervises a team of HOME Program support staff. He/she is responsible for ensuring that staff is fully informed of all program regulations and is conducting their work in compliance with various rules, regulations and industry standards.
Incumbent will work closely with other Division team members to coordinate the effective delivery of funding resources. In addition, the team works to increase program capacity with partners through routine training.
- Works with the Assistant Director in managing the daily operations of the HOME Program to ensure that funding recommendations and developments are in accordance with applicable policies and program guidelines.
- Provides supervision and training to the team members to ensure the cost-effective administration of all assigned programs.
- Coordinates the allocation of HOME funding to enhance the capacity of sponsors and to maximize the creation of housing opportunities throughout the State of Rhode Island.
- Ensures that all required and assigned program reports are prepared in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists the Assistant Director in overseeing other functions and with program development and financial/strategic planning as required.
- Administers the HOME Program and other assigned housing programs on a daily basis to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and program requirements.
- Provides technical assistance and performs special assignments or research as directed.
- Minimum four years experience in government or real estate/housing related industry
- Working knowledge of federal/state housing programs
- Proven ability to work with non-profit groups and state agencies
- Good credit, underwriting and appraisal skills
- Ability to conceptualize and implement new housing programs
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (bilingual ability preferred)
- Strong negotiations, computer and organizational skills
- Bachelors degree in public administration, urban/community planning, business, real estate or related field