Business Applications Manager
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
The Business Applications Manager’s role is to supervise and maintain the organization’s repository of software applications through best practices and the appropriate staffing and management of a technical team. The Applications Manager is also responsible for planning and coordinating the processes required for the provision of user applications and systems necessary for business operations. This individual will apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the user group on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems. The Business Applications Manager works under the direction and supervision of the Director of Information Technology.
What you’ll do on daily basis:
- Evaluate current business processes, procedures, relationships, hardware and techniques to identify redundancy, conflict and opportunities to enhance and improve RIHousing’s information systems
- Focus on maintaining the systems and ensuring that the business applications are being properly utilized by the end users
- Work closely with vendors (e.g., Integra, HDS, Yardi, Ellie Mae, Mitas) and users to ensure that software applications are developed, and programming modifications are made and tested in accordance with project goals
- Manage and provide support to critical business application systems
- Monitor everyday operations of the business applications team and provide regular feedback; Assist internal departments and provide regular feedback to business applications team.
- Monitor and ensure all Employee Services and Support Services related issues entered into the issue tracking system are resolved in a timely manner
- Work with business areas, Information Technology business applications team and Project Manager to define all project requirements
- Assist business areas in researching new systems and applications to address business needs.
- Prepare designs and establish costs for various business application development projects.
- Develop professional relations with customer and establish effective solutions to meet business requirements
- Develop work schedules and ensure all application work within work schedule; Determine and analyze various processes and implement changes for improvement
- Collaborate with business, application and architectural team to achieve quality deliverables; Prepare and maintain business application system documentation
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Adapt system development methods, standards, governance and guidelines to meet the needs of the business or as it relates to a specific project
- Manage the day to day operations of the Application team
- Manage support to critical business applications; ensures most current updates installed; manages updates with Infrastructure staff
- Ensure major business applications are properly utilized by the users through appropriate training
- Ensure programming modifications are made and tested in accordance with project goals
- Analyze business requirements and current system processes to identify improvements
- Resolve complex system and application problems
- Ensure all business application system documentation is up to date and accurate;
- Ensure all work is developed and maintained in accordance with appropriate regulatory requirements
- Communicate with Information Technology management and business entities on project process and identify risks in a timely manner
- Work with vendor via email, phone, ticketing system to resolve issues
- Adhere to enterprise policies, processes, and standards
- Adhere to security policies to ensure protection of organization data
- Keep skillset and knowledge up to date on new technologies via training, tutorials, online forums, and peer-tutoring
- Establish and maintain successional planning policies and procedures
- Serve on Information Technology project teams and other special projects as assigned by Director of Information Technology
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Eight to ten years’ experience leading business application development and support team on various projects preferably in financial services or housing program environment
- Five years direct experience managing applications and/or systems management
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated software management tools
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Experience with core software applications, including loan origination, imaging, accounting
- Technically fluent in programming languages, including C#, .Net, Visual Basic, Java Script, PowerShell, HTML
- Proven experience with Visual Studio
- Working knowledge of relational database principles with such databases as SQL
- Working knowledge of reporting software such as SSRS
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows 10, SharePoint, MS Office 365
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership with staff
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to conduct research into application issues and products
- Highly motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Experience working in a team-orientated, collaborative environment
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/ Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2019
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and a deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.
Apply at rihousing.com