Building Enclosure Science (BES) is an award-winning construction consulting and materials testing firm that works on the performance, durability, and sustainability of buildings. Located in Providence, Rhode Island BES has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Engineer. BES services the greater New England area and beyond, providing building enclosure investigations, remedial repair designs, commissioning, testing, construction quality control, design review, litigation support, and owner’s project management.
The field of building science is growing, and BES is excited to add to our team of collaborative, quality-oriented, detailed, hard-working, persistent, efficient and process-driven individuals.
- Senior Engineer experienced in structural failure analysis, architectural and building design, condition assessments, and engineering investigations. Ability to perform building evaluations ranging from large commercial complexes, religious and academic buildings, to residential.
- Passion for the built world (construction, engineering, design, architecture, building materials and technology).
- Able to clearly communicate in written and verbal format, to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment and consistently meet objective-based goals.
- Bachelor's degree in civil or structural engineering, building or architectural science, or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E. license)
- 5-10 years of previous related professional experience is required.
- Responsible for overseeing and taking responsibility for projects that require professional seal and signature (life safety).
- Perform forensic investigations of buildings, building envelope and retaining structures, causation and recommended repair.
- Prepare expert reports and litigation testimony, product research, materials/systems testing oversight, and project management.
- Participate in design meetings, provide design recommendations and design review of building enclosure assemblies and details.
- Review construction for conformance to contract documents and overall design intent and prepare site visit reports.
- Review documentation to determine original construction detailing and identify area of risk for water penetration, air leakage, and/or consideration.
- Research building materials when considering alternative/new materials requested by contractors or materials considered for specific, non-typical conditions.
- Create project specifications to identify various issues, including acceptable product materials, material delivery to site, site storage of material, quality assurance of work, installation procedures, protection of finished work, etc.
Building Enclosure Science offers a highly competitive salary, professional development, continuing education, retirement savings matching, paid holidays, vacation and health benefits. Please forward resume/C.V., writing sample, work sample, and three (3) references to Joan Costello the Director of Human Resources.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or based on disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.