Real Estate Development Assistant
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This position is accountable for providing accurate and timely confidential administrative support to the Development Division Director, as well as Assistant Directors. This position performs various administrative, research and customer service functions. This position is not routine in nature and will require the incumbent to be flexible, well organized and able to set priorities and work independently to complete assigned projects. He/she projects a positive corporate image through professional and courteous contact with all constituencies.
What you’ll do on daily basis:
- Will provide front line support for Division management and all visitors by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail.
- Greets and assists visitors.
- Prepares routine correspondence and mass mailings; handles telephone inquiries; ensures that RIHousing program materials and information sources are made available to internal and external contacts.
- Process incoming/outgoing mail.
- Maintains records retention system and reimbursement schedules, orders office supplies and maintains appropriate inventory levels.
- Provides real time scheduling support for appointments/meetings and preventing any conflicts.
- Processes check requests; prepares board presentation packages; performs data entry; maintains program manuals; maintains mailing lists and other data base systems.
- A major focus of this position is to provide administrative support the Development Division.
- Data entry of development program activity, preparation of compliance documents, and customer service telephone support.
- He/she may perform specialized, technical functions as assigned. These may include but are not limited to; designing forms and databases; customer service; and performing research duties.
- Provide accurate and timely administrative support to the Development Director, Assistant Directors and other division staff as needed.
- Perform required administrative and support duties for program audits, compliance, and customer service. Ensure the overall efficient operation of the Division.
- Provide program information and referrals to clients and constituents.
- Perform special projects, research and reporting as assigned.
- Projects a positive corporate image through professional and courteous contact with all constituencies.
- Three to five years administrative experience, preferably in a real estate development office.
- Proficiency in all MS Office Applications.
- Experience working in a multiple department environment.
- Ability to work in multi-project environment and prioritize.
- Strong communications and organizational skills.
- Experience in data input and analysis.
- Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
- Bilingual ability preferred (particularly Spanish or Portuguese).
- Business school certificate or Associates degree preferred; and/or equivalent work experience.
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/ Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2019
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and a deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.
Apply at www.rihousing.com.