RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This position is accountable for the cost-effective administration of all aspects of the Housing Choice Voucher (HCVP) Program in accordance with appropriate federal (HUD) and state regulations.
What you’ll do on daily basis:
- The incumbent performs a variety of administrative, accounting, data entry, documentation and research functions daily.
- Incumbent processes annual and interim tenant reexaminations to determine subsidy level and initial/continued eligibility, including applicable third-party verifications. Calculates and approves housing assistance payments and tenant rental amounts; prepares appropriate documentation/correspondence, and enters data into system; monitors, updates and revises tenant waiting list. Processes tenant moves and requests for portability.
- Incumbent also assists in resolving landlord/tenant concerns through proper interpretation of program regulations, internal policies and/or legal documentation as necessary.
- The incumbent is cross trained on all aspects of the HCVP program and may compile special reports or perform special projects as directed.
- Ability to processes all required documentation and collect required income and eligibility verifications to ensure cost-effective program administration in accordance with appropriate federal (HUD) and state regulations.
- Judgement to determine reasonable rents and negotiate and approve contract rents and rental subsidies.
- Ability to process requests for moves within RIHousing’s jurisdiction and via portability, including coordinating exchange of tenant file information and inter-agency billing arrangements.
- Ability to mediate landlord/tenant problems in a timely, professional manner and provide appropriate technical assistance, as required.
- Three years related housing management experience
- Working knowledge of applicable HUD regulations
- Good verbal and written communications skills, along with good organizational, negotiation, and computer skills
- Bilingual ability preferred (particularly Spanish)
- Associates degree in real estate, business administration or related field and/or property management certification or equivalent work experience
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/ Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2019
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation.
RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and a deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.
Apply online at www.rihousing.com