Reports to: Director of Development and External Relations
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Summary of Responsibilities:
PCM is seeking a motivated Development Coordinator to maintain and grow the Museum’s
fundraising efforts including expanding the donor base, increasing individual and
corporate donations, and supporting cultivation and stewardship events. The successful
candidate will be organized, ethical, innovative and focused on relationship development.
Database and Donations:
- Complete daily gift processing, data entry, and donor acknowledgement.
- Manage the Museum’s fundraising database.
- Support of monthly financial reporting, yearly audit preparations and Annual Report.
- Coordinate and execute mailings to donors and members (invitations, solicitations, renewals, etc.)
- Assist with prospect research for Executive Director and Director of Development and External Relations.
- Provide comprehensive support for Museum fundraising and cultivation events from development of strategy through post event communication.
- Support for Board/Committee and donor meetings, as needed.
- Recruit, manage and supervise Development Volunteers interns and/or workstudy students for data entry tasks.
- Monitor, train and supervise Event Interns.
- Provide administrative support to Museum Leadership Team including calendar maintenance, travel coordination, and various office maintenance tasks.
- Manage correspondence with Board of Directors and Committees at the direction of Museum Leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; professional experience in data entry, database management, and excellent computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- An ideal candidate is self-motivated with attention to detail plus excellent organizational, technical, problem solving, interpersonal, and sense of humor essential. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and verbal/written communication skills.
- This position requires work on occasional nights and weekends.
- Preferred qualifications include experience in a non-profit environment and proficiency in Altru or comparable CRM database software.