Responsibilities and Duties: Piccerelli, Gilstein & Company, LLP, a Providence, RI based auditing, accounting, tax and advisory firm is seeking a motivated individual interested in leadership opportunity to fill an open tax professional position. Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as liaison between partner, client, staff and special service departments; communicating all important developments of the work including conclusions and recommendation
- Maintain steady contact with clients throughout the business year, answering questions and advising, as needed; develop and cultivate partnerships with clients
- Work with in high level multi-generational estate plans with the use of sophisticated wealth preservation techniques.
- Provide estate and gift tax planning, fiduciary administration, charitable giving, and income tax planning and compliance.
- Perform tax work, which may include tax research, resolving any issue(s) as they arise
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting (required)
- Master’s degree in Taxation or related degree (a plus)
- 3+ years of tax experience in public accounting
- Estate, trusts & gift experience (required)
- CPA certification, or someone who is in the process of qualifying for such certification (preferred)
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal
- Software proficiency: Microsoft Suite, ProSystem fx Tax and Engagement (a plus)
- Knowledge of tax standards
- Research and analytical skills (a plus).
PG&Co. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.