Mobile Application Developer
Trilix is a community innovation partner helping organizations and entrepreneurs leverage technology and business solutions to champion meaningful change. Our work spans from creating mobile apps for organizations looking to deliver a “wow” user experience to building custom software projects that allow our clients to modernize legacy applications.
We are looking for a Mobile Application Developer to join our team of innovators, creators and strategists. The Mobile Application Developer is responsible for building, testing and deploying mobile apps for our customers. You will be working with clients across a number of verticals and industries who want to create, evolve or modernize business and consumer applications. This position calls for creative and out-of-the-box thinker around how to develop mobile-first technology solutions that keep the user at the center of the experience.
You are someone who loves interacting with clients; you don’t want to just be behind the desk coding. You are also someone who can work collaboratively and efficiently with the Trilix Project Team, interacting regularly with our team of software developers, UI/UX designers, QA testers,database administrators, product owners and project managers.
- Ensure sound development and production of Android and iOS apps
- Maintain a holistic and current understanding of the full mobile development life cycle, particularly how to handle all the various operating platforms
- Participate in pre-sales meetings as needed when mobile app opportunities present, and provide feedback for drafting of mobile-specific proposals
- Assist product owners, software developers,sales and leadership team on pricing front end applications
- Work alongside a team of internal and outsourced developers during the development, test and deployment phases
- Experience architecting and developing secure mobile applications
- Create and maintain code that is compliant with best practices; authors comprehensive and concise code documentation;participates in definition of related standards
- Serves as Trilix technical brand ambassador by routinely blogging, participating in public speaking, routinely sharing Trilix social media posts, etc.
- 5 or more years in mobile app development with proven track record of growth and responsibility
- Commitment to write high-quality code
- Working knowledge of the mobile landscape,including an understanding of the architectures, trends, and emerging technologies and languages that are available
- Flexibility to rapidly learn other languages as needed
- Experience working with remote data sources,third-party libraries and APIs.
- Knowledge of MVP application design and complex,reactive mobile touch based UI and their practical usage.
- Experience developing apps for availability on Google Play or the Apple App Store is highly desirable
- Experience working collaboratively on projects,using version control systems and participating in code reviews
- Ability to thrive in a small, start-up environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Write/create technology blogs regularly
- Comfortable presenting to groups of clients
- Strong client service and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Agile/Scrum and SDLC
- Reflective and willing to consider their own performance and critically assess areas for improvement
- Understanding of version control (Git) and code documentation
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
This position can be mostly remote; attendance in our Rhode Island office is required about two days a week.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday