RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This position is responsible for the daily supervision of RIHousing’s accounting, financial reporting and reconciliation functions to ensure that all financial data is recorded and reported in an accurate and timely manner. The accounting and reporting include grant activity.
What you’ll do on daily basis:
- Supervise, train and direct the workflow of the accounting staff to ensure the accurate and timely completion of a wide range of accounting and reconciliation functions.
- Responsible for oversight of cash receipts, accounts payable, wire transfers and general ledger functions.
- Coordinate the month-end and year end close process, including review of journal entries and General Ledger Account reconciliations.
- Prepare/review the first draft of the quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Variance analysis.
- Maintain appropriate internal and external controls related to grant compliance, institutional policies, and external audit requirements.
- Ensure that all financial and regulatory reporting deadlines are adhered to.
- Responsible for generating various state and IRS reporting and filings.
- Ensures that the accounting systems are efficiently designed, operated and monitored.
- Works closely with the Director of Accounting to prepare/review all supporting schedules for various audits.
- Assists with the annual budgeting process.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of test plans for system upgrades.
- Professionally supervise and train the accounting staff Prepare financial statements in a timely manner to accurately reflect the financial condition of the Agency and prepare certain tax filing reports.
- Be able to assist with daily cash flow management
- Accurately prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP and GASB regulations to accurately reflect the financial condition of the Agency. Financial statements must be completed within certain time frames to comply with various debt covenants and state reporting deadlines.
- Coordinate and review all financial data, supporting documentation and accounting reports as required for audits.
- Coordinate special accounting projects, research and financial analysis as required.
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience in general and fund accounting in the governmental or financial services industry
- Supervisory experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Experience in preparing Financial Statements and Footnotes
- Experience and knowledge of federal regulations and accounting for federal grant programs preferred
- Knowledge of US Government rules and regulations
- Ability to understand and analyze complex transactions and to extract critical elements from large amounts of data
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required (CPA or MBA preferred)
- Experience in Public Accounting preferred
- Position is subject to a background and credit investigation
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/ Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2019
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation.
RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and a deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.
Apply online at www.rihousing.com