Opportunities for Engagement
Here are some ways members are getting involved in providing volunteer leadership and peer-to-peer guidance.
- Transportation and Infrastructure Committee: Members stay well versed on developments affecting TF Green Airport, Amtrak, bike paths, mass transit and road and bridge improvement projects.
- Innovation Providence Committee: Members interact with leaders of the state's universities, colleges and hospitals and industry leaders that are working to advance R & D.
- Government Affairs Committee: Members have a voice in shaping the Chamber's response to local issues being debated at the State House.
- Federal Affairs Committee: Members deliver the local perspective to Rhode Island's Congressional Delegation on federal issues and their impact on business.
- Education Council: Members help inform the Chamber about education and workforce development matters so we can be effective advocates for policies to grow the talent pipeline in Rhode Island.
- p2p60: Members engage in peer-to-peer dialogue and business problem solving at these monthly morning events.
- SMEs: Members get the chance to pick the brains of Subject Matter Experts on business issues of note.
Rhode Island leaders break ground to expand the runway at T.F. Green Airport, allowing for coast-to-coast flights. The Chamber's Transportation Committee believes a vibrant airport is good for business.