The U.S. House of Representatives recently passed the Health and Economic Recovery Omnibus Emergency Solutions Act, or the HEROES Act.
Chamber President Laurie White spoke with Congressmen James Langevin and David Cicilline earlier today to get their perspectives on the prospects for the bill in the Senate and what they see as the most critical pieces of the $3 trillion legislation, including:
- $1 trillion in aid to states and municipalities
- More than $5.3 billion in new COVID-19 relief funding for Rhode Island
- $75 billion for testing and tracing capacity
- $200 billion to support frontline workers
- $175 billion in rental and housing assistance
- Extension of the PPP loan program to more classes of non-profits
- Aid to hospitals, community health centers and other health care providers
- Additional stimulus payments to families and individuals
Missed any of our previous interviews or virtual events?